Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 14, 2009

3/12/09 at school

Today when I got to school; the bell rang as soon as I got there. I lined up with my class and Mr. M let us in. On the white board, there were 2 math questions. The first question was about comparing fractions, and the second was very hard. After we watched CNN Student News, we started to correct last night’s homefun (homework). But we didn’t finish and had to go to P.E.

For P.E., we started with a lap around the field and played Sharks and Minnows. “Great” I thought to myself, I loved Sharks and Minnows. Next, we played Capture
The Flag.

Next in line was our Social Studies Test. After I finished the test I started on my homefun (homework) for tonight.

During recess, I played handball with Ethan L. and Rachel. I was going to practice the poetry project with them but no one brought the poem. The bell rang after a while.

After the whole class got back into the classroom, we did SSR (Silent Sustained Reading). Mr. M told everyone to get into groups by the book they were reading (21 Balloons, From the Mixed-Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler, Shiloh, or The Phantom Tollbooth). Mr. M went to a group and talked to them about the book they were reading.

The next topic was writing. Mr. Manchester pulled cards and who ever was pulled had to describe a work of art in their house. Mine was about this couch which had carvings on it.

Before lunch, we did a spelling test and had a Wordly Wise Game Show. My table group (San Juan Capistrano) tied with San Luis Obispo. During Lunch I was practicing the play and playing handball at the same time with the people in my group (Ethan L., Manasa, Rachel, Payal, and me). About 40 min. later (I think) the bell rang and we lined up.

When the class got back in, the A/V club (my club) went first to the library. Mrs. Fitzgerald (the Liberian) told us that there was going to be a book fair soon and showed us some new books.

It was Drama club’s turn to go to the library so we went back to the classroom. Mr. M said it was time to change, so Drama went to the library. The A/V club then went outside to film there movies in groups. My group is Suhas, Daniel, and me. After a while Mr. M told everyone to go in.

When we got in, we were by ourselves meaning the other group wasn’t back yet. Mr. M said to get out our binders and we were going to do a Mad Lib. I liked Mad Libs because they are funny. Once we were done we copied tonight’s homework down and had some R.A. After we finished R.A., Mr. M dismissed us. It was the end of today.

No comments: